Thursday, June 02, 2005

"Wouldn't It Be Nice If We Were Older?"

What's this? Updating my blog twice in the same day? That's a little too much, but I'm having so much fun doing this thing that it's scary. Plus I had more to say.

So we went to Scott Kolbo's house to watch our final videos. I must say, they turned out very good. Much better than I expected, and I'm optimistic. Anyway, so Scott has two daughters, 6 and 3 years old. Cutest little blonde girls ever (there goes cute again! What is wrong with me?). Another girl from my class, Katie, and I were kind of trying to get them to calm down (they were really excited that there was company), so we were up in their room looking at National Geographics and having Polly Pocket drive around an ice cream truck with a bottle of maple syrup in the back (she was selling watermelon ice cream, by the way). The 3 year old was like, "This is my baby!" about her doll, so I asked, "What's her name?" "Puwana." "Puwana? That's pretty." "No, PuWAna!" "OH, Pirahna! That's...nice."

Another good one: The 6 year old was showing Katie a picture of a guy with a salmon he caught in a National Geographic. The 3 year old, Amy, was like, "I can do that! I can do that!" So I asked, "What can you do, Amy?" "I can catch me a mean old hyena!" Not exactly the answer I was expecting, but very amusing. She also really liked Heffalumps. She talked about them a lot. Apparently, the Siberians in a plane were talking about how to catch a Heffalump.

Anyway, so they were adorable. I don't really get to see little kids when I'm at college. I miss babysitting. So I kind of got my "little kid fix." I guess I'll be home in like two days, so I'll see like my neighbors then. That's cool stuff.

We were looking at some of the production photos from when my film professor was a film student at NYU. There was a picture of him with this guy, and he's like, "This guy wrote the screenplay for 'Troy.'" We're like, "Wow..." He's like, "Yeah, he was my writer when I was in college. I told him he sucked, and I was right." Haha!!!

Okay, so this guy in my class, Caleb, really really appreciated me editing for him. So he really wanted to buy me ice cream. All day he's like, "What's your favorite ice cream?" and I'm just, "Caleb, you don't need to get me ice cream! It's okay! It's not a big deal." Later he was talking on the phone with Katie while we were driving, and she's like, "Caleb wants to know what your favorite ice cream is..." I laughed and told her to hang up on him. Anyway, he showed up with some cookie dough ice cream, so that was funny. Should be good. Maybe I should have told him cookies and cream, but whatever. It's all good stuff.

Anyway, I should really be off. It's kind of sad that I made two posts in one day. I'm going to pretend that they're the same one, and not add a random fact to this one. Okay then. Cheerio!

1 Comments:

At 6/05/2005 10:46 AM, Blogger Katie O said...

I am so the star of that post. Good work Caroline.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home