Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Remember to Floss

Today is Alfred Molina's birthday! For those of you going, "Huh?", he's probably the coolest guy in the world. I love this man. He was Dr. Octopus in Spiderman 2, he was in Enchanted April, he was even in an Indiana Jones movie! In Raiders of the Lost Ark, he's the guy in the beginning who takes the gold monkey idol thing from Indy and gets skewered by the spear-arrow things that come out of the wall. Anyway, so that made today extra special.

You know what else makes today special? I'll give you a hint...it's food. Okay, I'll tell you. Pretty sure I'm going to make a California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Pizza for dinner! If you've never had this, you need to eat some, and fast! It is the food of the gods. Ambrosia, if you will. This stuff is the manifestation of happiness and good feelings.

Anyway, moving on...

So, I'm reading this book called Towers in the Mist by Elizabeth Goudge. I read it in 8th grade, but I forgot how great it is. I mean, this is probably one of my top two favorite books now! (It's a close second to High Fidelity, which nothing will ever beat). It's about a family that lives in Oxford, England, around the late 1500s. I know that sounds really dry, but it's so well written. I wanted to put an excerpt from it here. I think I'll post one later.

Okay, might as well include a random fact in this post to continue the tradition. Dundrearies. This is the funniest word ever. It means "long flowing sideburns." Now, I am as disgusted by massive sideburns as the next person you meet outside of the Renaissance Faire, but it made me really happy to learn that there was another name for them. Apparently they're named after a character in a play (also apparently the play that was playing in the theater when Lincoln was shot). Anyway, so that was random.

Better go put that pizza in the oven. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home