Sunday, May 22, 2005

Lazy Day

Do you ever have those days when it's sunny outside and it lifts your spirits? Where you can't stop smiling, and you think it must be something in the air? When you're inspired to write a novel or paint? Go walking and pick wildflowers?

Sorry if that sounded really cheesy, but I'm really in one of those moods right now, so I can't really help it. I'll try to not get too Anne of Green Gables here.

Today's been pretty happy. Nice and relaxing. Lots of eating yummy food, lying around my room, being generally lazy. I watched "Amelie," which always puts me in a good mood. Maybe that's why...

So I bought the book version of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy to see if I liked it. I just finished it this morning. I guess the movie is based more on the whole series, which is good, since the book is really short and not a lot happens. I like how Douglas Adams writes, though. It reminds me a lot of Daniel Pinkwater, who I adored when I was a kid. Anyone else remember The Hoboken Chicken Emergency? I'm pretty sure I used to check out the whole shelf of his books from the library when I was little. Anyway, so I was a dork back then too. Some things don't change.

Anyway, looks like the rest of the day will be mostly the same...food, books, movies. Dancing around to bad 80s music. I love the weekend. Au revoir!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home