Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Grease is the Word

It's been an interesting morning so far. The clock on my nightstand said it was 2:00 when I woke up, which freaked me out because I'm supposed to go next door to babysit at 1:00. I jumped up and ran around until I found a working clock, which assured me that it was only 8:24am.

Then I received a random call on my cell phone (I know I promised to stop talking about it, but this is really my last story). I activated my voicemail yesterday, and the first three messages were from a woman speaking in Cantonese or something. Anyway, the same woman called this morning, so I told her she had a wrong number. I feel really bad. I hope she finally reaches who she was trying to call.

Plus it's raining. Which sucks. It's summer in California, it should be sunny. It was nice yesterday. Maybe it will clear up later.

So, Ms. Heck (middle school science teacher who directs their school musicals) asked my dad to make 50 DVDs of the show they did this year (Fiddler on the Roof). This means that I am in charge of making 50 DVDs (actually 100, because it fits on two disks), because my dad's busy and I have nothing better to do anyway. My computer feels so used.

Yay for babysitting today. My neighbors have three kids - Joe, Marie and Juliana. Joe is probably old enough to watch the other two, but I think that it's more that Marie apparently adores me, so I get paid to go over and play with them. Works for me. I love them too. Yay for kids.

Anyway, I'm going to go get some breakfast, so here's our parting fact: Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history. Spades - King David; Clubs - Alexander the Great; Hearts - Charlemagne; and Diamonds - Julius Caesar. That's pretty cool. Not sure if I believe it, but whatever. Oh, about the $10 bill fact from earlier. I found one and I looked at it, and there were no cars and only four lightposts. But it was a new $10 bill, so maybe it's the old one with four cars and eleven lightposts. Anyway, ciao!

Later: I'm back. I decided that instead of being a real dork and doing two posts in one day, I would just add on to the old one. Genius.

Babysitting was good, as always. Highlights were coloring pictures, making chocolate milk, and dancing. We all dressed up (I was a princess, I think, Juliana was Barney, and Marie looked like Zorro) and Marie put on some Glenn Miller. There's nothing quite like twirling around with a five year old to "In The Mood."

I'm wearing my Nina Baker sweatshirt! Those sure are trendy. If that means nothing to you, here's the short version of the story. We were part of this group that was ordering sweatshirts, and we wanted them to print everyone's name on them individually. I mean, people do this a lot. It's not rocket science. But the sweatshirt people put my friend Nina's name on every sweatshirt, because it was the one in the example. So we had 20 or so sweatshirts that said Nina Baker. We reordered it correctly, but everyone who wanted one got a NB one. Which makes us cool.

So, my sister is a junior in high school, and she's at that stage where she gets like truckloads of letters from colleges and stuff. I was looking through one of the things they sent her yesterday, and it was talking about a mandatory class for English majors about Chaucer, Milton, and Shakespeare. The nickname for the class was "Chocolate Milkshake." I like these people. I'm going to tell her to go there.

Okay, time for some randomness. If you haven't seen "How to Kill A Mockingbird," it's time for you to get on that. The website is http://www.stanford.edu/%7Escodary/tkam.htm, so go there and become a better person. It's just pure awesomeness.

Anyway, this time I'm really leaving. You already have a fact for the day. Hasta la vista!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home