Wednesday, September 28, 2005

You Don't Actually Crawl in Pub Crawls...I Learned That the Hard Way

We're in Dublin! But only until tomorrow, when we go to Belfast. I have to make this post really fast, since I don't know when the internet will run out (!!!).

We've been doing a lot of theatre stuff since we're taking our theatre class (makes sense, and notice the British spelling). We went to The Importance of Being Earnest and a play about a woman who survived the Rwanda genocide.

Umm...been buying a lot of books, which seems to be a habit for a good number of us on the trip. Hurray for no luggage space and no time to read anyway. When I was in Bath (oh wait, I never told you I was in Bath. I just realized how behind I am in updating...I'll tell you more about my 8 day break when I know I have more internet time!). Anyway, when I was there I picked up a copy of Persuasion and I'm almost finished, but I never have time to read, so I feel like it's taking a long time. Which is depressing, since I remember the days when I finished books in a snap! But oh well.

About the pub crawl...we went on a "Musical Pub Crawl" here in Dublin which meant we followed a pair of musicians to a few different pubs and they played for us and talked a lot about Irish music. Fun stuff, especially since my great-grandfather was an Irish fiddler. So that makes me...one eighth Irish fiddler? Is that right? My easy math skills don't work when I'm under pressure...like internet about to run out. Maybe I should just post this. Okay, bye!

2 Comments:

At 9/29/2005 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Truth About Michael Malloy...

"On the House: The Bizarre Killing of Michael Malloy" hits the shelves Oct. 4. It's the true story of a Depression-era speakeasy regular who thwarted numerous attempts on his life. All except the last one, that is. The author's web site is www.simon-read.com. Cheers.

 
At 9/30/2005 7:26 AM, Blogger carpe_diem said...

Uggh, I hate spam. Oh, random fact, did you know that "SPAM" comes from the words "Spiced Ham"? Learned that yesterday...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home