Friday, September 09, 2005

Wagamama

It's sure time for some pictures again, don't you think? I think I left you in York picture-wise, so let's see what I've got.


Here's the cloisters in Durham Cathedral, a.k.a. Hogwarts. Yeah, we were pretty excited about that.


Here's another view. That's Kara Hyatt in the background (probably looking for Rupert Michael Grint, if I know her. She's the only reason I know his middle name is Michael).


We took a day trip from Durham and hiked along Hadrian's Wall.


Yeah, it was pretty scenic if you're into that sort of thing.


We ate lunch under the tree in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, which I don't think I've ever seen (I will now, obviously). Pretty sure the Disney version is my favorite, although I do love Carey Elwes.


Okay, so it was a lot scenic. Pretty sure I almost want to live in that farmhouse someday. Oh yeah, and this is my current facebook picture. Not that that's important...


We passed the café where J.K. Rowling worked on Harry Potter while we were in Edinburgh. I promise that's my last Harry Potter reference for this post.


Edinburgh Castle at sunset from the Princes Street Gardens.


They had an awesome cemetery outside the Glasgow Cathedral. I don't know if I'm strange, but I think graveyards are awesome. Especially the really cool ones with big tombs and crypts on a hill, kind of like, um, this one.


A picture looking out on the water in Oban. We only stayed there for a day on the way to Iona, but we all wish it was longer. Absolutely gorgeous.


The beach on Iona, with Meghan in the background. Hmm, I think that if I was St. Columba, I would have settled there, too.


Another shot of Iona, and pretty much the only other one I took. I think my camera slept in my bag for those couple of days. Yeah, technology is overrated. I do wish I had more pictures, though.


Umm...yes. Kind of inside jokey, I guess. A unicragon is a cross between a unicorn and a dragon, and tonicjelm is just awesomeness. What you get when you cross "tonic" and "elm" with a "j" in Scrabble.


They had random deer statues next to the hiking trails at Devil's Bridge (a day trip from Aberystwyth, Wales, which I forgot to talk about. I'll get to that later). This one reminded me of Bambi's dad, you know? Then I had "Love is a Song that Never Ends" stuck in my head for a little while. Then "Cecilia"...that's random.

Hiking + Wales = Beautiful. Then again, Hiking + Anywhere = Usually Spectacular. Let's face it, I like to hike.


Lots of waterfalls around Devil's Bridge.


Sunset at the beach in Aberystwyth. I didn't actually take this picture, since I think my camera hibernated again. This was an interesting night, with an underwear swim (I missed that, oh darn) and lots of skipping rocks (they go really far on the ocean, go figure. Assuming you can skip them to begin with).


This was from the hike along the cliffs at Land's End, near Penzance. There were some excellent placenames in that area, by the way. We were studying a map one night, and we found some good ones. My contribution was "Bawden Rocks or Man & his man." We were all like, "Man & his man"? And "The Greeb." LOL.


I think my quote was "sunlight sparkling on the waves" or something like that from the other day. Told you so.


Yep, spectacular.


I really liked this boat in St. Ives. I really didn't like having "When I was going to St. Ives I met a man with seven wives..." stuck in my head forever. Oh well.


Misty beach in St. Ives. We went there on a day trip to visit the Tate Museum.


That was reassuring. That was also a crazy bus ride, including Gretchen and Kristin sliding around in the back when there weren't enough seats. Interesting times.


That's pretty much what I've got, so I'll leave you with a unicragon. I drew it myself, isn't it great? Anyway, probably should go do some fun and exciting things...like be in London. Okay bye.

2 Comments:

At 9/09/2005 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are awesome pictures!!

 
At 9/27/2005 3:41 AM, Blogger Katie O said...

Might I point out that it was not actually "Cecilia" that you had stuck in your head, but rather "Cordelia", the awesome song I made up about one of my all-time favorite characters from Buffy? You know how good that was. That's right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home