Monday, August 01, 2005

A Place For Lost Frogs

Good morning, everyone! At least, the sun is certainly rising here. Well, true to my procrastinating nature, and despite all my best intentions, I definitely waited until the last night to finish my last paper for my study abroad program. Well, not last last night, since I'm leaving tomorrow, but close enough. It's kind of dorky to pull your first all nighter in college when you're technically still on summer vacation, but I am wonderfully nerdy like that.

Anyway, my essay is going fabulously. I blame my euphoria on lack of sleep and abundance of caffeine. I still need to write 3 pages, and it definitely took me all night to write 9, so we'll see what time I really finish.

Today is also my official packing day. So, I need to be coherent enough to actually get it right and not leave behind all the super important things I can't travel without. Like, plane tickets.

Went to the movies last night with my family, and I decided to discuss upcoming previews with you. So, Peter Jackson's long awaited "King Kong" will finally be coming out in December (it's announced for the 14th, but I don't know if there's a chance they'll change it). I wouldn't say it looks like it will be my favorite movie ever, but I am looking forward to seeing it. So, obviously Naomi Watts is in it, which has been announced for a while. I wasn't sure until now who else was in it.

So, there's Jack Black (that'll be interesting - I don't know if I've ever seen him in a serious role. I keep thinking of him in "High Fidelity" with John Cusack). Also Jamie Bell (hurray Billy Elliot! Proving that lads can dance), Andy Serkis (well, he was Gollum. Andy wasn't in the preview I saw, so I'm guessing he provided the voice and movements for good old King Kong. Actually, that was a really lame joke and I really shouldn't even try this early in the morning. So we'll see what he does), Colin Hanks (I've only seen him in a really dumb teen movie, but I love his dad, so I'm willing to forgive him for questionable taste), and! And! Adrien Brody. I admit it, I have a crush on him. Wait, I said that about the guy in "Dead Poets Society." Well, the truth has come out. I really am the Ugly One. "I have a crush on every boy." If you got that, you're awesome. If not, umm... Anyway, back to Adrien Brody. I haven't actually seen him in anything, but I've always wanted to see "The Pianist." And now that I've been to Warsaw, duh, I have to! People are always telling me, "It's such a sad movie!" Hmm...I figured that one out for myself, actually. Anyway, should probably get around to that.

The other preview I am supremely excited about (if I was awake, I would never say "supremely excited") is "THE LEGEND OF ZORRO"!!! I've known about this one for a while, too, but I still can't get over it. Pretty sure "The Mask of Zorro" was my favorite movie for a while back there in middle school. So, I for one will be a huge dork running down to the theater to see it. Wait, will I even be in the country when it comes out? Probably not. Dangit. Who goes to movies on vacation?

Oh, one more movie I forgot to mention. Good old Burton/Depp collaboration again with "The Corpse Bride." I saw a preview for that months ago (when did you send me that link, Nina? Don't bother to answer that). I dunno, I liked the old preview better. I mean, it still looks like it will be good. I don't really know what I'm talking about. Maybe if I finish my essay, I can sleep for one or two hours!! That would be exciting. Wait, then it wouldn't be an all nighter. Might as well stay up. I have coffee. It's almost...drinkable. I'm like the lamest coffee drinker ever. My favorite ones are like Frappuccinos and stuff, which is coffee very diluted with milk and sugar, and I'm not really a fan of black coffee (the way the rest of my family drinks it...strange people). So, I only like the really light ones you get at like Starbucks and stuff, but I hate Starbucks because it's the Evil Empire and Luke needs to destroy it. Hmm...I started this paragraph talking about "The Corpse Bride." The fact that I have changed the subject like three times in one paragraph is kind of startling. I'm going to interpret that as "Get back to your essay, idiot." Okay then. Bye. I'll probably be in Europe next time I talk to you. So, haha to you. Wait, I'm the one pulling all nighters in August for twelve page essays. Umm, I guess the joke's on me. Okay, bye for real now.

2 Comments:

At 8/01/2005 9:29 AM, Blogger Fidus Aelius said...

You're actually spot on with Andy Serkis' role in the upcoming "Kong." Not only will he have been in the suit in the blue screen room for ages getting in touch with his inner ape, but he'll also play the cook on the ship that travels to the island. Check this out if you don't believe...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0360717/

 
At 8/01/2005 9:34 AM, Blogger carpe_diem said...

Wow, I'm good! I wonder if I could get paid for being psychic and, like, right? Hmm...James, James...I'm afraid I see a lot more Latin in your future...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home