Friday, July 22, 2005

Posts Are Better With Pictures


I think I might add a picture every time now. At least, every time there's a picture available. When I head out to Europe again in about a week or so, I might be using some strange computers again.

Or I might not. More about that later.

Okay, so this is a picture from one of my favorite movies. Not only is it in black and white, but, I admit it, it is a silent movie. Yes, I'm just that weird. Anyway, the movie is called "The Son of the Sheik," and that handsome Italian man on the right is Rudolph Valentino, the Brad Pitt of his day. Actually, he died right after making this movie, and all these women killed themselves. It was the first time there was such fanaticism for a movie star (since movies were pretty new), and everyone got worried. That was a great history lesson, wasn't it? I think I'll move on now.

Back to not using a strange computer. So, my professors for my study abroad trip pretty much said it was a dumb idea to bring a laptop, so I figure, I'm not going to bring one, right? But then I was talking to my Dad, and he seemed to think it wasn't such a lousy idea. Instead of needing to get a bigger memorycard for my camera, I can put the pictures straight to the computer. Instead of getting a bigger mp3 player, my music can travel with me and I can change the playlist on my mp3 player as much as I want. Also it will be easier to write stuff up, although I don't think I'll be able to print it. And he didn't think it would add too much weight to my luggage. I think my professor brought his in a separate case and just had one more big thing to worry about. So, I think I might be getting a laptop.

Hold on, though. I don't want you to think I'm quite that spoiled. Especially since I got a computer for graduation. In theory, the laptop would go to my sister after I use it for the next few months, and it will be the computer she gets for graduation. So, I'm really kind of borrowing it. Obviously, I won't complain if I get to keep it in the end, but it doesn't look like that will happen. So yeah. Just going to use it for the trip.

Anyway, that's pretty much everything. My parakeet is psycho. Goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home