Thursday, August 18, 2005

If You Like Pina Coladas

Thought I'd post since I haven't in a while. No pictures this time, although I'll probably get some up before we leave Edinburgh. Today we visited Holyrood Palace, which is the Queen's Residence in Scotland, and Edinburgh Castle. Pretty cool stuff. Definitely gorgeous views. A bit too much commentary on the paintings and beds from the audioguide (a little is interesting, but I don't need to know the year that everything went through restoration when everything has gone through restoration, yeah, they talked a lot).

So, amusing story tonight. It was sunset outside, so we went out in the street to get a better view. We walked over to a nearby park, which is the type that is only open to residents of the area, but we decided to make an exception to get a better view of the sunset. But we couldn't get the gate open, so Jeff (who is tall) climbed over (this isn't a huge fence, but it was kind of difficult to get over), and I was like, "Hey, I'm kind of tall! Maybe I can get over too!" In theory this would have worked, but I didn't consider my clumsiness or bad luck, so it kind of ended with me lying on the ground on the other side after hitting my knee on a flagstone and my shoe sticking to the top of the fence (that was why I fell, actually, somehow my shoe got stuck? I don't know how it happened). Anyway, it was kind of funny, because I made the gate open. Not really sure how that happened either. Good thing for Becca, who is short, otherwise she probably wouldn't have gotten into the park. Anyway, good sunset.

Alrighty, headed off to bed. I've been staying up too late for the past few days. Okay then, hope you all have great lives.

1 Comments:

At 8/19/2005 6:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Funny story. Can't wait for more photos! What's the food like?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home