Monday, August 08, 2005

Just Leave it York, you Dork!

That was a quote from class yesterday. There have actually been a handful of really funny quotes, but I don't know if it's a "you had to be there" kind of thing. Or maybe not understanding them makes them funnier.

"Maybe we should just use another lion." - Me

"St. Cuthbert was a saint." - Keith

"Yeah, we thought it was weird too." - Becca

"Did someone say 'femur' at the same time as me?" -Katie O.

"All my children will wear meatskins." - Jeff

Anyway, that's the "Quote of the Day" list so far. Probably not as amusing if you don't have a clue what they mean. Oh well. Hmm, I need a quote for today.

So still here in York. Still haven't figured out how to connect to the wireless network at this internet cafe, so no pictures for you yet. I actually haven't been taking that many. Oops.

I had a mission during a break today. We had only a half hour or so, and I wanted to go to a National Trust gift shop to buy lemon squash (basically a very concentrated lemon drink - you're supposed to add water). So I found one, but they only had fizzy lemonade. So my friend Cheryl and I went to a park with the fizzy lemonade and little plastic cups and drank the whole bottle in 10 minutes. Cheryl was like, "It feels like we're drinking wine in a park" and I was like, "Yeah, this feels like taking shots." So that was fun. Then I had some pistachio ice cream, because some girls in my group were raving about it earlier. It was pretty good. There was like almond in it and stuff. And almonds are delicious. I should find some marzipan or something.

Anyway, we're going to hit a few pubs after this, so we'll see how that goes. Beer is pretty much the only alcohol I've encountered that I don't like, so we'll see if that changes. Probably not. Hmm... I'll find something. Hurray for lowered drinking ages.

Alrighty, better email the folks. Have an awesome day.

1 Comments:

At 8/08/2005 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate your face. York IS boring. Did you go to Jorvik yet?

If my laptop gets one scratch, Duane is dead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home