Thursday, July 14, 2005

They Have Internet at the Airport, yo!

Hello again. So, I don't really have much to talk about for this post, but I have 41 minutes and 10 seconds of internet time left, so I thought that sounding good for blabbing into my frog. Yay for you!

Let's see...I'll talk about Stockholm. We went to a few museums here, and they weren't too bad (I love museums, but if you visit them too often it's kind of like a rush of information and not very fun, but these were good). The first was an open air museum called Skansen, which is huge and has all these old buildings from around Sweden. They also had kind of a zoo with Scandanavian animals. Okay, like every animal had babies. There were baby moose, baby bison (are those native to Sweden? Whatever), baby geese, baby lynxes (cutest animals ever - and I've resigned myself to the fact that I use the word "cute" frequently now), and baby swans. These weren't all at Skansen, but most of them were. I watched a glassblowing presentation (I've seen a lot of those - in Hawaii they make glass fish but in Sweden they make glass moose), and I swear that the guy looked exactly like Shrek turned into a man in Shrek 2. It took me a minute to figure out who he looked like because I was trying to think of an actor or something. Then I realized it, and I was like, "No way!" Yahweh. Okay, that was lame. Damn Core 150.

We also visited the Vasa, which has this ship that they pulled out of the harbor from over 300 years ago. It sank like 20 minutes into it's maiden voyage. That's hardcore. By the way, I think it's awesome how boats and ships are always female. I don't know why I think that's so cool. But I do. Anyway, so they have the ship like right there hanging from the ceiling or whatever, and you're just like, "Wow..." Although, it's not a very aesthetically pleasing ship. It's well preserved and all that, but I think the king or whoever designed it didn't have the best taste. Anyway.

There's also a Nordic Museum, which was cool but not particularly notable. It was very museumy. Interesting stuff to look at, but not really to talk about.

We had some extra time, so we stopped into a museum about the Nobel prize and all that. Mr. Nobel (haha, I can't remember his first name) [update: Alfred Nobel, duh! What was I thinking?] was Swedish, so yeah. They had a lot of stuff on Einstein (well, I guess that's obvious). I got a book about his first daughter. Very intriguing stuff - she was born illegitimately the year before his first marriage, and seems to have disappeared from history. I think later on a German actress claimed to be her. Not really sure - I'm not done with the book yet.

Alrighty. That was probably the most boring post I've ever written, but whatever. If you ever go to Stockholm, hopefully it was useful. I should probably go now. Yay for international flights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home