Saturday, July 09, 2005

Bloggen und das Internet

Is that German? I'm on another strange computer, and apparently that was the title of some stranger's post. So I thought I'd use it. Haha.

Okay, so we were on the train today, and it was AWESOME. There weren't too many touristy stops, only breaks for lunch and stuff, and I am always willing to stop for food. The scenery in Sweden is beautiful. We left Östersund, and going north it's just miles and miles of trees and lakes. Gorgeous. We had tea in thermoses and stuff. That was awesome. We wanted to keep the thermoses (is that really the plural?), but they collected them back. Oh well.

Alrighty, so this is the "Caroline is a horrible person" paragraph. Or, the "Caroline is too easily persuaded to do stuff that she doesn't want to" paragraph. So, on one of the stops, there was a stand where these people had all their handicrafts and foods and stuff for sale, so I was browsing the table. Anyway, so the guy was handing out samples of the meat he was selling. He offered me some fish, and I didn't want anything, so I declined, but then he said, "Oh! You'll really like this!" and he cut me something from the next piece of meat. I couldn't say no, so I took it. He's like, "That's smoked reindeer heart." I think my eyes popped out of my head. But I put it in my mouth, because I was standing right in front of him, and I wanted to be polite. My plan was to spit it out in the trash can discreetly, but then he handed me some reindeer salami, so I've got all this meat hanging out in my cheeks, and I'm just like, "You know what? Screw it." So I swallowed it. And now I despise myself. Oh well.

We spent the afternoon with our relative here, my mom's third cousin or something. We drove around and Becky was in the trunk of the car like a dog or something because there weren't enough seats. Haha. There was a sign in one place that said "Har slutar allmän väg," and I was just like, "WHOA! I don't know about that!" So now I need to find out what that means. I'm really curious.

So, my sister is sitting like two inches away from me, and really wants to use the internet, so I think I will have to get off quick or I might be stabbed with a reindeer antler (she just threatened to do that). So, adios.

3 Comments:

At 7/10/2005 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey kid, sorry, but once you left the country I stopped reading this. You're not forgotten and I'm all caught up, so no worries. You should come to the Harry Potter Party that Kevin's going to make me go to! Not that I don't want to go, but you know me and Harry Potter. I don't see why you think you're a horrible person for eating reindeer, you've eaten many cuter, friendlier animals (I've never met a reindeer that didn't look like it wanted to gore me with its antlers if i took a step closer). Was it that it was heart? It's just muscle tissue. I'd rather eat heart than brain... Enough of that. I tried to translate the sign you saw, but all the sites I found to translate Swedish cost money. What I did find is a site that translates English into dialects, like Redneck and Swedish Chef. I was not aware that Swedish Chef was a dialect. It's good stuff. http:/rinkworks.com/dialect/
See ya eventually someday maybe!

 
At 7/13/2005 9:26 AM, Blogger Katie O said...

Slut means "end" or "finish" or sometimes something like "stop" in Swedish. At least, that's what I remember from when I was in Sverige last summer.

 
At 7/23/2008 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey,

"har slutar allmaen vaeg" means "here ends the ordinary way" whatever that would mean in the context You saw it in.

Greetings - Lukasz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home