Thursday, June 16, 2005

My Heart's in Overdrive, and You're Behind the Steering Wheel

So yesterday got insanely busy. My brother had his promotion ceremony from middle school at 4pm, and afterwards my sister and I went to an opera in San Francisco. My life is so random.

On the way to Burrell Field (promotion ceremony), we were running late, so my Mom was in a huge hurry while she was driving. We were approaching the train tracks when the lights turned red and the bars started coming down. My mom. Instead of slowing down and waiting, she speeds up and crosses. Then she spends the next five minutes telling me that I should never do that. Haha.

You know what I realized when I was watching the eighth graders being promoted? This is the class of kids that was in fifth grade the first year we were counselors at Outdoor Ed. So that brought back some of those memories. "Oh, Pescadero!" Good times. I think being a counselor is like my favorite thing in the world.

Anyway, straight from sunglasses to opera glasses. Becks and I were on BART to San Francisco half an hour after the ceremony. I guess my family won tickets to the opera in a silent auction at the middle school, along with some "free meal" coupons to California Pizza Kitchen. Mmm... Too bad we didn't have time for dinner. Sad day. (Darn, I said it. I've been avoiding "sad day" for months. I blame my dorm).

I'll summarize the opera this way: It was a tragedy, and it was Russian. Oh, and three and a half hours long. Yikes. Actually, it wasn't as painful as this sounds. It was really good, just depressing.

So I was reading a review for "Batman Begins," and there's this section at the bottom of the article where they say what it's rated and what actors are in it, etc. Anyway, it also said: People with bat phobias should take care. So that made me laugh. I don't know, seems kind of like common sense to me. Too bad common sense is uncommon.

Anyway, time for me to go get a life. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep up this random fact thing. Here's one, but it may be your last: Sharks apparently are the only animals that never get sick. As far as is known, they are immune to every known disease including cancer. That's awesome. When I get my pet shark, I'll never have to take it to the vet. Cool stuff. Buh bye now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home