Monday, June 13, 2005

I Just Want to Ride in the Hummer, Okay?

It has been a very musical day. This morning I was cleaning in my room and folding up laundry (wonderful), which means dancing around to "Jock Jams" and there were clothes involved. Cotton candy, sweet and low, let me see the Tootsie Roll...

Everyone got together at Leah's house later. I brought salsa and tortilla chips, which was a funny experience because there were like seven of us congregating around the little bottle of salsa. Anyway, Kevin rented "Be Cool" later, which is the sequel to "Get Shorty," which I've never seen. The movie had some pretty funny moments, but the whole story was about trying to promote this girl singer and get her a record deal or something, and I just didn't care. Steven Tyler of Aerosmith was in it for a few minutes, which is always funny. Liv turned out really well.

Oh, the quote in the title was me, after the movie. Cedric the Entertainer has all these guys driving around in matching black Hummers with some hip hop pumped up, and I decided that I wanted to be one of them. Or at least ride in the Hummer. I just wanna be a gangsta, okay? Anyway, that gave everyone an excuse to laugh at me. (FYI - in real life I hate Hummers. I think the Devil probably drives one).

Okay, freaky experience kinda. My friend Antwonne and I joke about how we're identical twins, which is funny because he's a black guy and I'm a white girl. So I haven't seen him since I visited Cal Poly a few months ago, and I show up and we're wearing like identical green shirts. And a little bit later, it turns out we have the exact same cell phone (crap, I talked about it again. Just ignore me). How's that for twin power? I guess we're just on the same wavelength or something.

Anyway, back to the musicalness of today (another word I invented. Man, I am good. They should let me help compile the OED or something). So, Antwonne gave me a ride home, which is always an interesting musical experience. I'm not exactly sure what I was subjected to, but I survived, so it's all good.

So I'm doing the dishes (which was also musical, since I always sing when I do the dishes or vacuum - not sure why). Definitely some Moulin Rouge in there. Anyway, so the doorbell rings, which was weird, and I go to answer it because my parents just went to Costco and my siblings were off doing whatever they do. So it's this guy going door to door trying to get people to sign a petition or whatnot, and I can never say no to these people because dammit, I care about clean water and I don't want kids to get thyroid problems. So that was an interesting experience. I'm filling out the information or whatever, and he starts talking to me. "So, you still live with your parents? Yeah, me too." Haha.

Alrighty, time for me to go do fun and exciting things. I think my little brother is watching a James Bond movie or something. Here's todays random fact: The actual playing time in a Major League Baseball game which lasts about two and a half hours has been clocked at 9 minutes and 55 seconds. I believe it. That reminds me, I'm going to an A's game later this week. Actually two. Should be superfun times. Haven't been to one in ages. Yay for Eric Chavez. Hasta maƱana.

Dabu: You don't even have to say it, I all ready know... Don't give me no gun in here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home