Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Whole of the Moon

So, I was thinking about changing my facebook picture. I thought it might be funny to have a picture of me as a little kid, so I spent the last hour digging through boxes of old photographs. Man, I went through some stages where I was a freaky looking kid. I remembered being cute. Apparently not all the time...

The funniest picture was from a Halloween in elementary school. I dressed up as Jasmine from Aladdin that year, which I remember. However, I did not remember that both of my front teeth were missing at that point, so there are some hilarious pictures of me as toothless Jasmine. Those were entertaining.

We'll see if I actually change my profile picture or not. In any case, funny morning.

So, apparently you need to do some research before you write a research paper. You can't just sit down at the computer and type out ten pages. It doesn't work that way. It's important to know that. Maybe I shouldn't just look at the pictures in the fat books I checked out from the library. Darn.

Anyway, I guess that means it's research time. Before I dive into the books, I'll leave you with this random fact: Lime Jell-o gives off the same brain waves as adult males. How does that even make sense? I actually looked this one up, since this was another fact that I didn't believe. Here's what I've got: "March 17, 1993, technicians at St. Jerome hospital in Batavia test a bowl of lime Jell-O with an EEG machine and confirm the earlier testing by Canadian Doctor Adrian Upton in 1969 that a dome of wiggly Jell-O has brain waves identical to those of adult men and women. In 1969, Dr. Upton connected an electroencephalograph (EEG) to a dome of lime Jell-O, only to find the readings to be almost identical to those of healthy human beings." Wow. Hey look, I did some research! I'm pretty good at this stuff, huh? Anyway, back to the Jell-o. I feel like discussing this now. Why lime? Does flavor really make a difference? How can it give off brainwaves if it doesn't have a brain? Whatever. See you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home