Thursday, July 14, 2005

Last Day in Europe! (at least for another two weeks...)

Hello everyone! Flying home early tomorrow from Stockholm, so I should see most of you relatively soon.

By the way, Leah! If you guys are going to a midnight Harry Potter party, I'd rather go with you than with my sister's friends (not that I don't love you guys too). And here is some amazingly exciting news: if you read on, I have personally uncovered some information on the new Harry Potter book.

We're walking down a street in Stockholm when we see that one bookstore has already opened a box of the new Bloomsbury edition of "The Halfblood Prince" (Bloomsbury is the British edition). They set up some copies of the book in a display case, but they are at an angle where you shouldn't be able to read the back.

Unless you're me. I was able to get in a position where I could read the paragraph on the back with my hawk eyes (best vision in the family, thank you, thank you very much). So, using my sister's mp3 player to record me reading it, I have succeeded in procuring the back cover of the next Harry Potter book, and I shall now recreate it for you. If you don't want it spoiled for you, just skip the next paragraph. Here it is, verbatim:

"It is the middle of the summer but there is an unseasonal mist pressing against the windowpanes. Harry Potter is waiting nervously in his bedroom at the Dursleys' house on Privet Drive for a visit from Professor Dumbledore himself. One of the last times he saw the Headmaster was in a fierce one-to-one duel with Lord Voldemort, and Harry can't quite believe that Professor Dumbledore will actually appear in the Dursleys' house, of all places. Why is the professor coming to visit him now? What is it that cannot wait until Harry returns to Hogwarts in a few weeks time? Harry's sixth year at Hogwarts has already got off to an unusual start as the worlds of Muggle and magic start to intertwine..."

Oooh, intriguing, no? Remember, you heard it from me first!

******************It's okay to start reading again!*******************

So, I love Sweden. Swedes are absolutely genius. Now I understand where the brains come from. All of you who always wondered why I was a genius (I know you did), thank Sweden. I was looking at this book of "Swedish Innovations" in a gift shop. Did you know they invented the zipper and the blowtorch? Among other things.

So I was talking to my Dad about how smart the Swedes are, and I remarked that I was impressed how smart he is without being Swedish at all, and he laughed at me. What gives?

They have weird placenames, though. We went to a place called Sigtuna the other day. I was like, Sigtuna? And I was looking at the map (I always navigate for our trips, so I look at maps a lot), and there were lots of places with "tuna" in it. There was one town just called Tuna. My favorite was Vallentuna. Will you b-be my V-vallentuna?

Alrighty. Only have a few minutes in this nifty little internet café thing, so I better read email and all that jazz. Talk to you later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home