Monday, October 03, 2005

Banoffee is My Favorite Thing

Well, it's our last day in Belfast. I'm really looking forward to going to Galway, because apparently that's the area where my Irish relatives are from. Hurray for ancestry.

Last time I talked about how we were going to help at a youth thing, so I'll let you know how that went. Thousands of kids running all over (well, at least 200 something), lots of noise, me really sucking at playing pool (whatever skills I had totally disappeared, although in my defense I am really out of practice), and a couple people walking around polling the kids on what Jacob Rorem looks like (esp. with the great red beard he's been sporting - some of my favorite answers were Abraham Lincoln, Jesus, a dinosaur, Michael's dad and a giant leprechaun). Anyway, I think most of us had a good time, although it probably exhausted some people.

And now the part where I talk about Banoffee for the rest of forever. I've always wondered what this magical substance was (well, at least ever since I heard Keira Knightley offer the guy "Banoffee pie?" in Love, Actually). And now I have experienced it myself. Three slices later, I can tell you that "Banoffee" comes from the words "banana" and "toffee," and Banoffee pie is a heavenly concoction. And that is all I have time to say. Goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home