Friday, March 10, 2006

Yeah Edamame

Well, it's been...FOREVER.

Sorry about that. I kept almost posting, but it never actually happened. I was thinking about how often I used to post, practically daily for the first month, then more erratically since I was traveling, but I think this is the longest time in between posts. Anyway, I'll stop talking about boring stuff. I'll just try not to let it take so long again.

Let's see, what have I been up to? School has been crazy, this is honestly the busiest I have ever been in my life. You mess around in middle school and high school, and freshmen year isn't too strenuous, and studying abroad was just playing around with some work (and an awesome final exam at 10pm on an isolated island in Scotland), but now it's down to business. I'm taking four English classes along with Core 250 (it's about worldviews, metaphysics and epistemologies, so we study philosophy and religion...for example, we're learning about Augustine, Thomas Aquinas, Teresa of Avila and John Calvin right now), so it's a pretty heavy load. Lots of reading, writing 3 page essays at midnight, using big words like hermeneutics, all that.

Oh, here's an awesome poem I wrote for my Creative Writing class:

Meter

I’d like to see you in the dark
The ghostman is around the shark
She’s picking berries in the park

He watches from his room
The maid sweeps with the broom
The flowers are in bloom

Begin with this and it’s too late, you see

The old man whistles down the foggy quay

(quay is pronounced "key")

So that's pretty much the best thing ever. Or not. Notice the iambic meter, please!

My friend organized a Bachelor Auction to raise money for Multiple Sclerosis research, so I was helping her out with that a few weeks ago. That took up a lot of time, but it was a lot of fun. There are a lot of great guys here. We ended up raising $2300 from 25 guys...yeah. I was hoping for $500-600. The bids were astronomical! Most of them went for between $75-140, and the highest was $210. Pretty sure I had $19 in my pocket - haha. People joked about how much the girls were willing to pay for a date, but...there were a lot of guys who approached us really wanting to be in it, and I think it's all the same. Anything to avoid (gasp) - actually asking someone out on a date.

Anyway, sorry for talking about boring stuff. That's pretty much been my life recently. Being busy, then hanging out until all hours of the night. I can't remember the last time I went to bed before 1am - it's more often 2am or 3am. I'm pretty nocturnal, and there's kind of a group of like-minded people in my dorm, so we'll hang out, or my roommate and I will just be up late. It hasn't been too bad, except for the night when we were pulling an all nighter (damn Brit Lit paper) and I ended up sleeping at 6:30am...until 11:30am (in other words, through my first three classes). Anyway, all that to say, my new bedtime is 11pm. Haha...yeah right.

Apparently it snowed at home. In California. Where it never snows. I would miss it! I mean, it's snowing here, but that's no big deal. I told my family to take pictures, and apparently my brother saved a snowball in a plastic bag in the freezer, which is the sweetest thing ever. I love little brothers.

Oh, and little sisters, too, especially one who is going to prom with a redheaded dreadlocked boy. That's just awesome.

Anyway, I think I will leave you now. Sorry that this post was so long in coming, and sorry that it's actually pretty boring, if you think about it. But maybe the next ones will make up for it. I can't wait for Spring Break, we're going to stay in a lighthouse! Cool, huh?

1 Comments:

At 3/11/2006 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, so i'm commenting, your friendly neighborhood blog-stalker who stalked your blog for A MONTH before you updated. i'm so disappointed in you.

but anyway. yeah, school is busy, and now it's finals for me, so it's gross as well. hope your stuff is going ok, and all those late nights won't kill you. :)

i don't really have anything interesting to say, except something from antwonne that i will steal and use as my own:

spooning leads to forking.

that is all.
Leah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home