Saturday, December 03, 2005

Don't Try This at Home

My Top 3 Favorite Moments in the History of my Parents' Driving:

3. When my Dad was trying to parallel park in downtown Spokane and hit the car parked behind him. Then the car parked in front of him. Especially sweet since it was in front of a restaurant and the owners of the attacked cars probably witnessed the whole thing.

2. When my Mom was driving me to my brother's promotion ceremony from middle school and sped across the railway tracks when the bars were coming down. Then lectured me about how I am never allowed to do that.

1. When my Dad wanted to make a possibly illegal U-turn, decided against it as the traffic control vehicle approached, instead turned left, pulled into a driveway and turned around to discover that he was driving the wrong way down a one way street. Oh yeah, this morning.

My parents are usually exceptionally good drivers, but I am glad to have witnessed these exceptions in my last 20 years of riding in their cars.

And that's all I have to say for today. Remember to wear a seatbelt, and maybe a helmet isn't a bad idea either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home