Thursday, January 26, 2006

Celtic Music + Spearmint Gum = Killer Combination

So, I haven't updated in a really long time. Maybe you've noticed. Maybe you've celebrated. Basically, I just suck at life or something. Or not. Whatever.

Words of wisdom: Eating jell-o with a fork is tricky. Not that I know this from personal experience. Not that I'm trying to eat jell-o with a fork right now. Since I am supremely awesome and also a genius, I never eat my jell-o without a spoon, because that would just be silly.

This post is pretty ridiculous so far. Haha. Maybe I'll talk about current events to make up for it.

So, Disney and Pixar! I'm not sure how I feel about that. I was kind of looking forward to the time when the contract expired and Pixar would be an independent entity of extreme awesemnity (whoa, I really did not plan that rhyme! I just decided to write "awesemnity" instead of "awesomeness" and then I looked back and noticed "entity"...oops). But then Disney buys Pixar and ruins my dreams. Whatever, I'm sure their future movies will also be similarly terrific, since Disney has been involved with all of the past ones anyway. I just hope that the Pixar people will still rollerblade down the halls and have paper airplane contests. I've always thought it would be awesome to work there. Maybe I should make use of my Pixar connections (oh yes, I have them. Jealous?).

Okay, that was the current event. I hope you enjoyed it. Back to the insanity.

I found the complete first season of Fraggle Rock at Target!! I was amazed!! I swear, the Fraggles are back with a vengeance. They're selling Fraggle plush toys and there's a Fraggle edition of Uno. I hope they start showing reruns on TV. It's funny, because I only saw a handful of episodes when I was little (we didn't have Disney channel, so we only watched it on vacation), but I pretty much love it. My sister is irrationally terrified of it. So that's fun, I guess.

I have a week off from classes, so I'm just hanging around campus and relaxing. It's wonderful. Lots of people went home, so it's really quiet. It has also been pretty foggy lately, so walking around campus in the mist is beautiful (especially the Loop at night, with lamp posts and pine trees).

Anyway, it has been grand. Maybe I'll post again someday soon.

5 Comments:

At 1/27/2006 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Caroline, comments from your blog-stalker:

Random question for you: Do you pronounce "Celtic" with a hard "C" or a soft "C"? And does it matter to you which way other people pronounce it?

Hmm, Fraggles and no school. I would have so much fun if I were there!

On the other hand, today I bought a book of Tristan and Isolde romances at the campus bookstore. (Tristan and Isolde was THE bestseller of the 12th century, by the way...and yes, I do mean the whole century.) I plan on having fun with that this weekend.

That's all I can come up with. Have a pleasant day!

~Leah

 
At 1/27/2006 4:54 PM, Blogger carpe_diem said...

Hard C, always, and it does bother me when people pronounce it wrong. Only one person has permission to say it wrong, and that person is my friend Cheryl.

I have a copy of a Tristan and Iseult legend (different spelling of Isolde...hmm), but I have a feeling that the movie is a bit different from the one I have, because mine involves a dragon and a love potion. Have you seen the movie yet? Because I still haven't...oops.

PS: Thank you for commenting.

 
At 1/27/2006 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm commenting! I'm commenting!

 
At 1/27/2006 9:45 PM, Blogger carpe_diem said...

Thank you too. Although you didn't actually comment on anything.

 
At 2/02/2006 4:03 PM, Blogger carpe_diem said...

Hurray, not only do people read this, people I don't know read it! I'll try to be better about updating.

Definitely hard C, but I'm one of those who say Gay-lick. I know that people who speak Gaelic pronounce it Gah-lick, but I would feel really awkward saying it that way. Not sure why...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home