Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Words are Flowing Out Like Endless Rain into a Paper Cup

So, I like buying movies on impulse. It's especially thrilling if I haven't seen them, but have a pretty good idea that I'll like them. Fortunately, this is often the case, and is the reason that I own Garden State, Run Lola Run, The Last of the Mohicans, and now Across the Universe.

Now, I had a good feeling that I would like this movie: I'm a sucker for musicals (especially over-the-top flashy ones, a la Moulin Rouge), and I love the Beatles (although I'll be the first to admit that I'm mostly familiar with their earlier music, so I don't know all the songs or catch all the allusions). I had wanted to see it while it was still in theaters, but somehow it never ended up happening.

Flash forward to this last weekend. The scene: I am in Target and somehow this DVD ends up in my basket. ??? Oops. Now I've watched about half of it with my roommate, and I have not been disappointed.

My favorite scene (song?) so far was "I've Just Seen a Face," which makes me wish that you could actually behave that way in a bowling alley. Anyway, I think I'll be watching the rest of it tonight, so hopefully that ends up happening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home